It's just my thoughts...

So where did Blueprint 3 come from? I mean I realize that most people aren't trying to listen to a new remix of American Gangster everyday but for real? Jay leaves the presidency after dropping one of his best records and then 2 months later he is back at it with a Timbo produced banger? It doesn't sound like what BP3 should be, and we all know that Jay has a great record of delivering a hot and then not so hot album so I guess we will just have to wait and see…although I think the talk that "Ain't I" is a Shock Value leftover is probably the truth and Clue just wanted to get people talking – is Clue even still down with the Roc? Check out the song here and let me know what you think.

On the topic of new albums call me crazy but I think that the new Snoop album might be fire?! If you can get over the clowin video for the lead single "Sexual Eruption" you know that Snoop rhymes solid and the new track is a smooth west coast banger that continues to show that the Dogg learned a thing or two from the good doctor. Keep your ears open for Snoop he has been quietly stepping his game up for a minute.

What's up with this Nicolay and Kay project that seems to continually be on the tips of someone's lips? Check out this dope interview with em here – I won't lie the project sounds like it's gonna be dope!

And speaking of Nicolay how are him and 'Te gon keeping us waiting until the summer for that Foreign Exchange album? Come on guys I need some heat to keep me warm this winter!

I picked up the 100th issue of XXL this week and while the cover story alone, a sit down interview with the one and only Mr. Jones, is worth the price of admission I believe that it is also the last XXL which will be headed by the one and only Elliott Wilson, who has been running the mag since 1999 and is solely responsible for it's current dominance over all other Hip Hop rags. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens on that front but I can't for the life of me figure out why Harris (publishers of XXL) would drop him right as he and the magazine were reaching its pinnacle. I guess someone thought the Source needed a handicap to try and get back in the game… In the immortal words of Elliott Wilson "Ha!"

Till next week stay up!
---
Originally posted here on February 1st, 2008

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curren$y & Wiz Khalifa "How Fly" Review

An Interview With... Carlos Niño

Supersonic Rainbow Fiend